AVS Catalunya, was founded as a section of the Spanish Association of Housing and Land Developers (Asociación Española de Promotores de Vivienda y Suelo, AVS), a result of the desire to decentralise this association in order to direct the efforts on a regional basis.
Today, we are made up of public promoters from all over Catalonia who have freely decided to come together as an association, the aim of which is to make it possible to comply with Article 47 of the Spanish Constitution, making housing accessible to the citizens who are unable to enter into the free market of housing.
The philosophy, spirit and values that characterise us are summarised in the series of actions and activities we promote:
- Undertake initiatives before the administrations and entities related to public or protected housing, in order to encourage promotion in such a way as to ensure a permanent off or to the citizenry.
- Stimulate the participation of Catalan Public Housing and Land Developers in the planning and carrying out of actions aimed at meeting the collective need for decent housing.
- Undertake and promote studies to have a better knowledge of the circumstances in which social housing policy is developed in our community, proposing solutions and undertaking specific seminars for analysis and diffusion.
- Transmit the information and experiences in the field of public development of land and housing to the public institutions and organisms in the territory of the Generalitat de Catalunya (Catalan Government), and to the corresponding entities and associations.
- Be the representative and interlocutor of the public developers associated in the process of prior studies and in the preparation, improvement and planning of housing policy in Catalonia.
Quality, research, innovation and commitment are the main shared aspects in the work undertaken by all the entities that make up AVS Catalunya, and which is expressed through essential points in planning and management:
- We contribute to the design and planning of cities, the attainment of land for the urbanising task, with integral and integrating actions, aimed at avoiding social exclusion and imbalance.
- We understand housing as a basic element for social cohesion and for ensuring a balanced society.
- We develop public housing through different groups with the aim of covering society’s needs in supplying housing at affordable prices.
- In our work we approach all the groups with the desire to achieve a more integrated society. With this in mind, we develop adapted and accessible housing, designed for people, which are functional and cover the specific needs of different groups.
- We continually seek innovative formulas that contribute, as well as developing and rehabilitating houses, to introducing permanent technical and architectural improvements.
- We incorporate mechanisms into our work that guarantee respect for the environment, that are energetically sustainable, and which contribute to energy and family saving. This is our commitment.